Saturday, May 22, 2010

Some Musical Notes...

I have been catching up with the Cowboy Junkies on Tour. Did you know Margo was once a Social Worker – true dinks. They have a truly professional tour blog presentation. I will put the link below. They are kind of like "the old days" of going down to your local and catching a really great band. I'll let you know closer to the time when they are flying in to Oz yet again, I think either later this year or early next.

http://latentrecordings.com/cowboyjunkies/

Apropos of small musical notes – currently at JB Hi-Fi one can acquire a copy of U2's Rattle and Hum for $ 10. Yes that is correct. I went to pick up my copy (having placed a $5 deposit when I ordered it in) and took out my credit card and they said: "That will be $5 thanks" ; to which I patiently explained that I had already left the five dollar deposit – yes, they said, that only leaves $5 to pay; total. I can't believe the value of this. It contains what I regard as one of the truly iconic performances of musical collaboration between the band and the Harlem Gospel Choir (see earlier posts on this blog) in their home church in Harlem, doing: "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For". I'm going to order in a few extra copies for this Christmas. Take good care of your lovely selves.

http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&source=web&ct=res&cd=1&ved=0CBQQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D0X7QGCmIZl0&rct=j&q=U2+%26+Harlem+Gospel+Choir+-+Still+Haven%27t+Found+What+I%27m+Looking+For+-+YouTube&ei=fW73S9SQA86rcc-_ueYL&usg=AFQjCNEXV0HODvdfIpX-k9bnpZstWCuPdQ&sig2=BFBvulVJbBciW2ODIqJDBw

Control + Click to follow above link

But really – nothing beats $ 10 for the entire DVD of RATTLE & HUM WHICH CONTAINS THIS MAGNIFICENT PERFORMANCE IN IT'S ENTIRETY. Love, Lyndon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home